Social icons

10 Reasons to be Thankful

Friday, 28 November 2014



It's not really very British to reveal to people how thankful you are for everything you have. It could be perceived as boasting or showing off and both are behaviours generally frowned upon in society. We're just a little too self-deprecating as a nation to embrace this heartfelt American holiday of thanks and cheer. Now this isn't to say that I believe we're not extremely thankful for all that we have on this side of the pond. On the contrary, it's just that I've observed we're much better at finding and elucidating on the silver linings in our lives rather than displaying a genuine gratitude towards personal good fortune. However, I loved Thanksgiving in my short time on American soil so I'm going to buck the British trend in writing. Please don't ask me to say any of this out loud though as I will be forced to laugh uncomfortably and then shuffle away muttering.

10 Reasons to be Thankful

1) My family & friends - they're bonkers and I love them.
2) Good health - a cancer scare earlier in the year turned out to be nothing to worry about. Phew.
3) Low interest rates.

So far so normal...

4) Better boobs - I gained weight and my boobs became larger and firmer. Result!
5) Sharing - once upon a time someone invented gin, someone else decided to put sugar and sloes into the gin. Then they shared the idea.
6) Bella & Bear sometimes sleep past 8am at the weekend. Shhhhhh.
7) I didn't buy the puppy.
8) Cool bedsheets, hot water bottles and frosty mornings.

Bit weird but hey...

8) The zombie apocalypse hasn't happened.
9) No one farts in my bed (except me), it's a perk of being single.
10) Pomegranates.

Most of all I'm thankful that I'm content with my life just as it is. It may be a small thing but it's been a long time coming. Woah. That last one came out of nowhere!

1 comment

  1. Great things to be thankful for! Had a bit of a laugh. My husband gases me to death every morning and will purposely 'flap' the sheets so I get full wind of it. There were some perks to when I was a single mum!!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.