Social icons

Rose Water & Goji Berry Bark

Monday, 16 June 2014
I've decided that Christmas isn't the only time of year you should be able to snap and guzzle a little chocolate bark. So, recently I've been dreaming of ways to make over this winter favourite and by golly I think I've cracked it! Sweet white chocolate is infused with fragrant rose water and topped with chewy goji berries for a deliciously delicate summer treat. 


You will need:
300g of good quality white chocolate
100g pack of goji berries
1tsp of rose water

Prepare a baking tray with baking parchment.

Chop up the chocolate into small pieces and melt them on a low heat in a bain marie. When the chocolate has fully melted add 1/2tsp of rose water and stir it in. If the chocolate looks like it may be seizing up (becoming lumpy and thick instead of smooth and satin like) do not add any more rose water and quickly, but gently pour it onto the baking sheet. If the chocolate remains smooth after adding the first 1/2tsp of rose water add another 1/2tsp and stir before gently pouring it onto the baking sheet.

I've noticed that the higher quality chocolate tends to seize more readily than chocolate with a lower chocolate content, but it's a fine line between taste and workability which is why I suggest adding the rose water in stages.

Using a spatula or knife (at room temperature) spread the chocolate evenly over the baking parchment, top with the goji berries and press them into the chocolate lightly. Transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes. When the bark is set you can chop it or break it up into pieces. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week.

Presented in a cute box I think this makes a wonderful homemade thank you gift for a neighbour or friend.

6 comments

  1. This is so lovely! I will definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katia, tweet me a pic of the results :) x

      Delete
  2. I will try it, too. Can I use your recipe on my blog www.drinkeatlive.blogspot.com ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique, yes by all means share the recipe with your readers but please link back to my original post when you do. Please could you tweet me or email me the link, I'd love to see your post and how the bark turns out x

      Delete
    2. Thank you:)) Next Monday in Poland is Father's Day. I think it could be nice gift. Of course I email you link and put link back in my post on blog. X

      Delete
  3. I've not tried making chocolate bark before, but god that looks good! Perfect present material to think about.

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.