Social icons

Carry-On Nurse!

Friday, 27 June 2014
Well I'm officially in summer mode now. I know this to be true because when I open the closet first thing in the morning I don't automatically default to jeans, even if I don't end up wearing jeans in colder seasons they are always where my eye first lands. Where as for the last three weeks I have been eyeing skirts, floaty shorts and (gasp) flimsy summer dresses.

The skirt I'm wearing here is from Whistles, I've styled it before on Bella & Bear here. I bought it over three, possibly four years ago but it still feels fresh to me. I think this is down to the highly saturated colour and length. A lot of stylists will tell you to steer clear of wearing mid-length skirts with flat shoes and if you are petite of stature it really is a judgement call, but having a 'flat' option increases the wearability of a skirt like this exponentially. The danger is you will be channelling Granny or a nurse from a Carry-On film. While this caveat has merit if the skirt in question is tweed, wool or a heavy cotton I think that with something this bright and summery anything goes sister! Try it out with a pair of Hi-Tops from Converse or some Vans for a real street style look, I've chosen punched out white leather slip-ons from Kurt Geiger. They are SO comfortable, quite possibly the most comfortable shoes I've bought this summer (unusually I had to size down for them to fit too).

If you're wondering where my usual statement necklace is, well sometimes less is more. 

Skirt by Whistles (similar here)
Top by Zara (on sale)
Shoes by Kurt Geiger (on sale)
Watch by Bell & Ross
Sunglasses by Ray Ban

5 comments

  1. Such a lovely look! I much prefer to wear flats as i'm 5"8/9 and this is a great way to show how it can be done :D

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute casual look! I'm never entirely comfortable with midi skirts, I feel like they make my legs look weird, but oh how I wish I could! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is such a beautiful colour! I think flats work with midi skirts, I always wear mine with sandals!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful outfit,
    The colour of that skirt is stunning - and it compliments the top perfectly!

    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a ute outfit! I love the skirt too. I bought a new skirt last weekend I can't wait to wear.

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.