Social icons

Sports Lux

Wednesday, 7 May 2014






Tee by CAbi (old, love this one)
Trousers by Zara
Heels by ASOS
Bag by Mulberry
Necklace by Cos
Sunglasses by RayBan
Watch by Bell & Ross
All other jewelry is old

It's impossible to ignore the sports lux trend this season and why would you want to? Everywhere I turn there are gorgeous printed peg-leg trousers as well as bomber and varsity jackets just waiting to be tried on. I've been having a bit of an online fling with Iro's divine jackets recently but I've yet to take the plunge.

These trousers are a recent find from Zara, I picked them up as I was pottering around in the Chelsea store. Everything about them screamed 'Buy Me' from the dark navy colour to the contrasting stripe down the leg and the black cuffed ankles, just so elegant. I'd already been to the fitting rooms with an armful of clothes and was heading to the cashier desk when I spotted them out of the corner of my eye. I didn't even need to try them on such was my force of feeling. They were coming home with me and that as the say was that.

I love the weightless quality of the fabric that engenders in me a sense of liberty as I walk down the street, so unlike wearing denim which by contrast can leave you feeling almost held in, restricted. Being so simple to style is a huge plus too and makes the school run fash-off an easy win although I usually opt for trainers instead of heels. And therein lies the beauty of sports lux, a true day-to-night look with a simple change of footwear. So if you're thinking about trying it out and to paraphrase an iconic sportswear brand... Just do it.

1 comment

  1. Wow, you have nailed the Sports luxe trend, I love those trousers, beautifully styled xx

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.