Social icons

Pow!

Friday, 17 January 2014

Pleated skirt by Whistles (similar here)
Denim shirt by J.Crew
White 'boy' shirt by J.Crew
Watch by Michael Kors
Necklace by Accessorize (similar here)
Ankle boots by Anthropologie (sold out but I love these Converse as an alternative)
Stack of rings are old, find similar at Baublebar

Have you seen British Vogue's 'The Catwalk Edit' on sale with the February issue? Ooooooooooweeeee there is some colour coming our way this spring!! Brights, pastels, neons and colour blocking galore. I'm in heaven. Pleats sashayed down the runway at Christopher Kane, Proenza Schouler, Celine, Dries Van Noten and many other shows so it's safe to say that investing in a bold pleated skirt is a good decision for spring 2014; they are not going anywhere soon. Look for mid-length in a metallic or crisp pure white fabric for truly modern appeal.

This Whistles skirt has been a favourite and a summer staple of mine for three years now. I dress it it up and down depending on the occasion. I've even worn it belted as a mini-dress at the beach. Here I've layered it with two J.Crew shirts and a pair of little grey ankle boots that have been idling away at the back of my closet. I can't tell you how much I enjoy it when I can recycle a key piece in my wardrobe from season to season (that's why I'm looking just a teeny big smug in that last pic).

14 comments

  1. Awesome pics, i loved the style of your clothes :D
    Very great blog you got

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/01/blue-day-on-dock.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hadrien, I love writing Bell & Bear. I'll be stopping by 'heyhadrien' later today x

      Delete
  2. Hi ! Very good photos !
    There are two contests on my blog if you want to participate :D
    Kisses <3

    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marion, thanks for the heads up!! I'm always interested in a good competition x

      Delete
  3. I like the coat!!

    Federica
    http://www.thecutielicious.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my go to for spring 2014 x

      Delete
  4. Actually this is a really well styled and layered look, love layering myself too with shirts, and the oversized coat is cool, as of your red short bob hair, very cool! So glad I clicked on your comment on FASHIONSQUAD and got led back here to yours. It's seriously full of GREAT info and juicy pics here! Just followed you on GFC and bloglovin', be sure to see more of you soon. By the way, I just uploaded a newest outfit featuring an oversize CÉLINE coat and ALEXANDER WANG net tote and TOGA cowgirl shoes, it's one of my most popular looks, even with a funny GIF! Please do check it out and be hope it #provokes ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/01/old-habits-new-neutrals.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment Nathan, I really appreciate your candor and I'll be checking out your latest look tonight x

      Delete
  5. Found you from Twitter, now a happy follower, stop by my blog and say hello :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deborah, so glad you found me!! I looked you up earlier on my iPhone and I love your blog. Going to settle in with a cup of tea and check out your shop too x

      Delete
  6. Super like this look! Great blog! You have a new fan!

    www.meetmeinparee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikita!! Thanks for stopping by, so glad you like Bella & Bear, I love that pink skirt too x

      Delete
  7. The color of that skirt is to die for! I love that you can dress it up or down, too. Very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is versatile. I love it with a simple white tee in the summer too x

      Delete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.