Social icons

Winter warmer... The Pink Coat

Friday, 15 November 2013
It's been a little brrrrracing on the school run the last few mornings and it's started me thinking about warm woolen mittens, chunky knits, coats and cute layers I can snuggle into while the thermometer takes a dip. This is the first installment in a short series of 'winter warmer' posts that I'd like to share with you as we head deeper into winter. Let's begin with...

The must have item for A/W 2013, a pink coat. There has been a lot of press about this trend, as such the high street is awash with pink coats of all shapes and shades. For most people a winter coat is an investment piece that will see out more than one winter. As such one season wonders need not apply. So if you haven't got yours yet let me save you some time.

My personal favourite is the orchid pink Lacey Coat by Hobbs. It's sleek, directional and deliberately oversized which is great news if you love to pile on the layers in winter. It's made from a wool blend to keep it light yet warm and I love the bright colour and cocoon shape which will pair beautifully with the other must have item this winter, ankle boots. I can see myself waiting for a train, sipping a hot latte breathing out misty air into the cold morning wrapped up in this beautiful pink pop of colour. I suspect this coat will be a sell out soon especially as it's currently on sale, but only until November 20th. 

On your marks ladies, get set... Go!


2 comments

  1. love this coat!

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable coat, but I tend to always buy more neutral-colored coats, blacks, browns, etc., and I pair them with colorful scarves and gloves, which provides the pop of color for me without a large investment in a trending color that might be out of season by next year. This is truly adorable though, so for those who have the money to pick up new coats each year, and choose to do so, I say go for it! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.