Social icons

Just one more thing...

Monday, 28 October 2013
 There's a special talent that runs in my family. My dad has it, I have it and I think my daughter will have it too. It's the ability to take any outfit, no matter how smart, elegant or sophisticated and make it look a little, well, undone. My dad accomplishes this with his unruly hair that will never be tamed unless it has has been cut, that day, by a determined barber. He gardens in new brogue's to my mum's despair and it is a rare thing for anything, regardless of age or state of repair to end up in the bin. Perhaps it is this attitude to clothes that has led to me having such an extensive and eclectic wardrobe. 

Take for example this leather trench I bought from Topshop about oooh, forever ago. It has buttons missing, it's got that rained on leather smell and honestly I think Columbo may have coveted it if he'd seen it in a shop. That's what I like about it though, the dishevelled wrongness when paired with a deliberate reserved ladylike look appeals to my non-conformist, the part of me that smiles when I see a toddler wearing fairy wings for a trip to the supermarket. It confirms what I've long believed to be true, that it's ok to be different, it's ok to have fugly stuff in your wardrobe as long as it means something to you and if that's a bit wrong well I'm ok with that.






Coat: Topshop (similar here) Blouse: Maison Scotch (here and on sale here) Trousers: Whistles (also love these) Shoes: Born Watch: Michael Kors Bag: Vintage (similar here) Belt: Accessorize Bangle: Stella & Dot 

6 comments

  1. Wonderful outfit...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nessa! I have followed you on Bloglovin' and I'm looking forward to your next post.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit! I especially like the blouse and shoes. :-) If it makes you happy, go for it.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly Mo!! Thanks for the lovely comment x

      Delete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.